LAST MODIFIED NOVEMBER 5, 2019
The Information we Collect, Process and Disclose
Depending on how you use our Sites, your Personal Information will be Processed by us in different ways, as further described, below. Please know that Bougie Burlesque will always process Personal Information in accordance with applicable law and always for a legitimate business interest.
- Providing Information Through Our Sites: To use our Sites in certain ways, you may be asked to register with us or otherwise provide us with certain of Personal Information. For example, you may need to register with us to: purchase our products or services (“Products”); post comments; participate in forums or questionnaires, or; receive electronic notifications such as emails or texts. During the registration process, we may collect Personal Information such as, for example: your name, email address, physical address or telephone number.
Following are descriptions of how we typically will use Personal Information.
- Billing Information: To purchase our Products through our Sites, you will need to provide payment/credit card information, and shipping information. This Personal Information will be used to properly process you order, and ship product. Your payment/credit card information will be used exclusively to fulfill orders that you have placed.
- Electronic Marketing: You may be invited to provide Personal Information for purposes of receiving marketing communications through emails or texts. This Personal Information will be voluntarily disclosed by you, and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to electronic marketing communications. If you wish to stop receiving these communications, you will always have the right to opt-out of them by clicking on that option within the communications.
Aggregate Data is a special type of data that is created by taking information gathered from one person, compiling it with information from numerous others, and stripping out identifying information so that it no longer identifies any one person and is anonymous. An example of Aggregate Data is information regarding how many people purchased a particular product, clicked on an advertisement, or visited a page of one of our Sites. Although one of those many people might be you (and therefore Your Personal Information was recorded to help create the Aggregate Data), once compiled the Aggregate Data does not identify you specifically.
Because Aggregate Data is anonymous, we share it with third parties more widely than Personal Information. For example, we may share Aggregate Data with a consultant who will use it to help us market our products more effectively, or we may share it with a retail partner to confirm the level of interest in a product.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Electronic Information Tools
Strictly necessary cookiesare required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Sites, use a shopping cart or fill in a form.
Analytical/performance cookies are used to provide us with statistical information about our Sites as well as your activities, which we use to measure performance, improve our Sites, understand product preferences, and better serve our customers. For example, these cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to a particular page of our Site. They also allow us to create Aggregate Data.
Functionality cookiesare used to recognize you when you return to a Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, tailor our interactions with you and remember your preferences.
Third Party cookies are sent by a third party with whom we have a relationship to your computer. The majority of third party cookies consist of tracking cookies, used to identify online behavior, understand your interests and preferences, and customize advertisements for you. Please read the following section of this policy for information about how we share Personal Information with third parties.
Web beacons are electronic images that can recognize your device, and then tie the device to certain of our Sites. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails or other electronic messages that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our Sites. Web beacons are also used by us to improve our Sites, improve your experience with our Sites, to gather information about use of our Sites, to market our Products to you, and other similar purposes.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Bougie Burlesque will not rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties without your permission. In fact, we typically do not share Personal Information with any third parties except those that use it to help us run our business and market our Products. For example, we may share email addresses with a company that helps us distribute Bougie Burlesque emails. Or we may store your Personal Information on third party Site hosting centers.
Some examples of the types of third parties that we may share Personal Information with are set forth below.
- The companies that provide the platforms upon which we run our Sites;
- Data analytics providers and website optimizers, to help us understand our business and market efficiently;
- Companies through which we advertise, such as Facebook, Bing, Google and Instagram.
Storing Your Information
We are based in the United States, and we store digital information the United States through the use of third party services. If you reside outside of the United States and supply us with Personal Information, please know that your Personal Information will be held in the United States. We retain Personal Information for as long as is reasonably necessary given the purpose for which it was collected, and only to further our legitimate interests in such information.
Bougie Burlesque is committed to protecting your Personal Information. To that end, we partner with third parties that implement commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. However, no system of electronic data collection, storage and retrieval can be made entirely safe or reliable and by continuing to use our Sites you acknowledge and accept that we do not guarantee that our Sites and practices are invulnerable to security breaches or immune from viruses, security threats or other risks. If we learn of a breach of your Personal Information, we will notify you of that breach as soon as reasonably practicable, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding the breach.
Sharing Data Through Social Media
We post on Bougie Burlesque’s social media accounts (like on Instagram) so you can connect with us, enjoy our beautiful imagery, express your opinions about Bougie Burlesque, and share information. If you use Bougie Burlesque social media sites, any information (Personal Information or otherwise) is collected by Bougie Burlesque as well as the third parties that host those platforms. For example, if you post to the Bougie Burlesque Instagram Site, Instagram also will collect such information. We consider any information you share publicly through social media as public information. If you do not want us (or others) to access Personal Information through social media, you may be able to limit data collection and disclosure in the privacy settings of those Sites. Please see the features of those Sites for more information on those capabilities.
Linked Third Party Sites
European Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to contact us to review, correct or ask us to delete Personal Information that we control. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. If you would rather contact us through regular mail, please do so at:
Attention: General Counsel
1330 Factory Place, Suite F105
Los Angeles, CA 90013
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, you have the right request the following information, which you may do by emailing us at email@example.com:
- the business purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information;
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and,
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services they marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
Legally Compelled Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in our good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect or defend our rights, interests, or property, or that of a third party;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing;
- protect the personal safety of others; or
- protect against legal liability.
Our Sites and products are not designed or intended for minors and we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. If a child under 18 has provided us with their information, the parent or guardian should contact Bougie Burlesque immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can delete such information from our files.